Codi Merito : Bachelor of Business Analysis (BBA)
For Codi Merito, the best thing about BMX racing is the feeling of freedom he gets when he’s flying through the air. Not so great is the worst part about racing: the crashing. It’s a sport he says he’ll never get sick of, with the thrill and excitement of racing and meeting new people keeping him on his toes. Codi comes to the University of Waikato from Hamilton Boys' High School. There he was a prefect, a member of the academic and sports honours groups and a member of the debating, mooting and chemistry teams. He was also the recipient of a Hamilton Boys’ High School Gold service award and a Duke of Edinburgh silver award. Outside of school Codi achieved highly in BMX. He is a 13 time national champion and currently ranked 4th in New Zealand. Codi is currently in his third year at the University of Waikato, studying towards his Bachelor of Business Analysis Degree majoring in agribusiness and economics, and he loves the opportunity to further his academic and sporting experience at Waikato as Hillary Scholar. After graduating he hopes to develop a career in consulting as well as developing businesses that support environmentally positive production.
- 2nd at Waikato Region Superclass - 08/03/2015
The 8th of March marked the final for the Waikato Region BMX Superclass series. After an awesome day of racing I was proud to place 2nd for the open age group in the final round of the Waikato Series.
- 1st at NZ Championships - 03/04/2015
The 2015 BMX Nationals were held over Easter weekend, and after some tough racing I placed 1st in the Junior Elite Category, making me the U19 National champion.
- 5th place at World Championships - 25/07/2015
- On the 25th July, the UCI BMX World Championships took place in Belgium. After a fantastic day of racing I was proud to walk away 5th in the world for Junior Elite.
- 4th Place at NZ Championships - 28/01/2016
- I was happy to walk away with NZ 4 in Elite at the 2016 New Zealand Championships
- 3rd at NZ Superclass - 26/03/2016
- On 26th March the New Zealand Superclass was held at the Puni Supercross track. After a hard day of racing I was pleased to walk away with the Bronze medal.
- 5th at North Island Championships - 23/10/2016
- 6th at New Zealand Championships - 15/04/2017
I placed 6th at the New Zealand Championships in Elite Men for 2017.
- 8th at NZ Superclass - 16/04/2017
I placed 8th in the NZ Superclass competition for 2017.