Elise Legarth : Bachelor of Science (BSC)
Elise is currently in her third year of studying a BSc. She is honoured to be a Hillary Scholar and plans to make the most of the opportunities the scholarship offers. Elise started kayaking at a give it go session five years ago and has loved it ever since. She won three U18 NZ titles in 2015 and is currently ranked 8th in New Zealand. She has represented NZ at two Junior/U23 World Championships where she made a range of Semi and B Finals. Elise is currently in the NZ U23 Team and the Open High Performance Squad. She thoroughly enjoys training as part of the squad and finds herself learning new things on a regular basis. Elise is very determined to achieve the goals she sets herself and to continually improve. In the future, she aspires to represent New Zealand at the 2020 Olympics. Elise attended Havelock North High School, where she was a part of the senior leadership programme and a member of the school’s academic committee. Elise was also a member of the Hastings District Youth Council.
- Selected into the NZ Canoe Sprint U23 Team to compete at the U23 World Championships - 08/04/2016
- Selected into the NZ Canoe Sprint U23 Team to compete at the U23 World Championships in Belarus in July.
- Selection into NZ Open High Performance Squad - 07/10/2016
- 8th K4 500m at U23 World Championships - 02/08/2017
Our K4 placed 8th in the A Final at the 2017 U23 Canoe Sprint World Championships in Romania.
- K2 200m National Champions - 26/02/2018
At the 2018 NZ Canoe Sprint National Championships I was part of the crew that won the Open Women K2 200m. We also backed this up with a 3rd placing in the K2 500m.