Leanna Ryan : Master of Applied Psychology (MAPPPSY)
Leanna Ryan is excited to be studying at the University of Waikato as a Hillary Scholar, where she will be working towards a Masters of Applied Psychology, specialising in Organisational Psychology. She comes to Waikato all the way from Pleasant Point, Timaru. Coming from a sporting family, Leanna was encouraged into athletics at a young age. She has been a competitive hurdler and is currently the New Zealand Secondary Schools’ 100m hurdles record holder. In 2013 she placed first in the 100m hurdles, 2nd in the 100m sprint and 2nd in the long jump at the National Track and Field Championships. Her goal is to represent New Zealand during her sporting career, and has recently taken up Rugby Sevens, making the Black Ferns Seven's squad for the 2018 season.
- 1st W20 100m Hurdles - 29/03/2014
- I was representing Canterbury at the 2014 National Track and Field Champs held in Wellington from the 28-30 March. Competing in the under 20 women's age group, I won the 100m hurdles, successfully defending my National title. This was the 2nd time I had won the event.
- 3rd Senior 100m Hurdles - 18/03/2017
NZ Track and Field Championships 2017, held in Hamilton from the 17th-19th March. Representing Waikato Bay of Plenty, this was my first individual medal in the senior women's age group.
- 3rd Senior 4x100m Relay - 05/03/2016
NZ Track and Field Championships 2016 held in Dunedin, representing Waikato Bay of Plenty
- Black Ferns Sevens Squad - 15/01/2018
Member of the Black Ferns Sevens Squad for 2018