BUILDING FABRIC SERVICES
to - Building Maintenance |
The buildings maintenance services on the University campus are managed by the Senior Facilities Engineer, supervisory staff, a small 'in-house' team of carpenters and a select number of specialist contractors.
Service requests are best made via email to the ITS
Service desk or by phone on extension 4001.
The services offered by this section include provision, maintenance and repairs to:
- Keys, locks and doors
- Pinboards, whiteboards and picture hanging
- Carpentry and joinery (including specialist units for internal
- Painting, decorations, interior and exterior signs (including
door name plates)
- Floor coverings, curtains, blinds and other window shades
- Roofs, spoutings and downpipes
- Building fabric and components
- Interior and exterior plumbing and drainage
- Entrance paving and retaining walls
- Structural surveys and management
- Please report any defects you see - it helps us to keep on top of minor defects
- Talk to us if you plan to purchase any new heavy equipment or
shelving systems (mobile units especially) so we can confirm if
the floor or wall will carry the expected extra load
- Keys are very important - help us to keep control by always using the agreed procedures
- We are here to assist you with the planning of changes and alterations to your facilities, just call us
To contact us please refer to Facilities Services Staff Contact.