MECHANICAL & ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT
to - Facilities Services |
The mechanical and electrical maintenance services on the University campus are managed by the Senior Facilities Engineer, a small 'in house' team and a number of specialist external contractors.
Service requests are best made via email to the ITS Service desk to extension 4001. If these occur out of normal office hours, contact Security on 838-4444.
The services include:
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning plant and equipment
- Lighting and power - electrical distribution systems
- Fume cupboard and other extract systems
- Lift services
- Fire alarm systems, fire appliances, and fire protection systems - sprinklers
- Emergency power and generators
- Electrical tests and audits
- Water treatment and swimming pool plant
- Internal gas services
- Please contact us if you plan to purchase any new electrical equipment that requires more than a single-phase electrical supply (Technical Services Manager)
- Obtain guidance before changing the use of a room that will involve a large concentration of additional computers.
- Do not bring into University premises electric heaters or similar electrical equipment from home.
To contact us please refer to Facilities Services Staff Contact.