to - Support Services |
The Portering Service exists to deliver, move and store goods within
the Campus, and off-campus in some specific cases. It is coordinated
by the Logistics Team Leader, who is contactable by email,
phone  858 5108, fax  858 5053, or a message can be emailed
to our Service Desk,
or by phoning extension 4001.
Only large one off jobs, or regular large jobs are charged for. In all cases if there is to be a charge, it will be discussed with the requester in advance.
The Portering Service:
- Provides daily delivery services from:
To agreed delivery points on and off campus.
- Central Store
- Mail Room
- Co-ordinates and liaise with departments requiring office shifts or one-off requirements, and within the appropriate deadlines or any budgetary constraints.
- Provides adhoc delivery services between campus buildings, provided 48 hours notice is given and within staffing constraints.
- Provides portering services for the requirements of regular events such as enrolment, examinations, chapel concerts (for example) and within staffing constraints.
- Arranges for the recycling of non-confidential documents.
- Arranges for the confidential destruction of high security documents (a cost recovery service) - Confidential Destruction Request Form.
To contact us please refer to Support Services Staff Contact.