Prof. Linda Smith
Iwi: Ngāti Awa, Ngāti Porou
Qualifications: PhD Auckland, MA (Hons) Auckland, BA Auckland, DipT
Danny Hona - student. Thesis title: Toku Ngamaihitanga - "A hapu reinventing itself"
Te Kāhautu Maxwell - PhD student. Thesis title: Te Kura i Awarua: Ritual Practice and Death in the Ringatu Canon
Joeliee Seed-Pihama - PhD student. Thesis title: E kore e piri te uku ki te rino: Māori naming as a site of tinorangatiratanga
Smith, L. T. (2015). Decolonizing knowledge: Toward a critical indigenous Research Justice praxis. In A. J. Jolivette (Ed.), Research Justice: Methodologies for Social Change (pp. 205-210). Policy Press.
Penehira, M., Green, A., Smith, L. T., & Aspin, C. (2014). Māori and indigenous views on R and R: Resistance and Resilience. MAI Journal, 3(2), 96-110. Open Access version: hdl:10289/10016
Aspin,, C., Penehira, M., Green, A., & Smith, L. T. (2014). Resilient communities: community-based responses to high rates of HIV among indigenous peoples. MAI Journal, 3(2), 153-164.
Smith, L. T. (2014). Social Justice, Transformation and Indigenous Methodologies. In R. Rinehart, K. N. Barbour, & C. C. Pope (Eds.), Ethnographic Worldviews Transformations and Social Justice (pp. 15-20). Springer. Retrieved from http://download.springer.com/
Find more research publications by Linda Smith
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Smith, Prof Linda||4997||tuhiwai||A.G.06||Te Pua Wananga ki te Ao|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5 or 9 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 8: dial +64 7 557 extension (TAURANGA exts only)
- Calling between campuses add 37 to the front of the extension
- Emailing email@example.com
- Using the campus map to locate their room