Prof. Linda Smith
Iwi: Ngāti Awa, Ngāti Porou
Qualifications: PhD Auckland, MA (Hons) Auckland, BA Auckland, DipT
Danny Hona - student. Thesis title: Toku Ngamaihitanga - "A hapu reinventing itself"
Joeliee Seed-Pihama - PhD student. Thesis title: E kore e piri te uku ki te rino: Māori naming as a site of tinorangatiratanga
Te Kāhautu Maxwell - PhD student. Thesis title: Te Kura i Awarua: Ritual Practice and Death in the Ringatu Canon
Smith, L., Maxwell, T. K. K., Puke, H., & Temara, P. (2016). Indigenous knowledge, methodology and mayhem: What is the role of methodology in producing indigenous insights? A discussion from Mātauranga Māori. Knowledge Cultures, 4(3), 131-156.
Smith, L., Maxwell, T. K. K., Puke, H., & Temara, P. (2016). Indigenous knowledge, methodology and Mayhem: what is the role of methodology in Producing indigenous insights? A discussion from Mātauranga Māori. Knowledge Cultures., 4(3), 131-156.
Smith, L. T. (2015). [Keynote] He manawa whenua. In He Manawa Whenua Indigenous Research Conference Proceedings: Inaugural Issue (pp. 7-12). Conference held at University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand: Te Kotahi Research Institute at The University of Waikato.
Smith, L. T. (2015). Decolonizing knowledge: Toward a critical indigenous Research Justice praxis. In A. J. Jolivette (Ed.), Research Justice: Methodologies for Social Change (pp. 205-210). Policy Press.
Find more research publications by Linda Smith
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Smith, Prof Linda||4997||tuhiwai||A.G.06||Te Pua Wananga ki te Ao|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5 or 9 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 8: dial +64 7 557 extension (TAURANGA exts only)
- Calling between campuses add 37 to the front of the extension
- Emailing email@example.com
- Using the campus map to locate their room