Change Your Email Display Name
You can change the From address that people see when they receive an email from you. You can do this for your regular account and for your alias/other addresses. You must do this in Gmail first (NOT Outlook) as there are some issues with Gmail and Outlook synchronizing.
To change the display name in Gmail:
Log in to your Gmail account
1. Go to Settings
2. Click on Settings
3. Click on the Accounts tab
4. Under the Send mail as section click on Edit Info
5. Change the display name to whatever you wish
6. Click Save Changes
You will only need to do this once. After that the option to chose your alias will come up under the From field.
- Open a new email
- Click on Options
- Click on Show Fields FROM
- Click on the From button
- Click Other E-mail Address
- Enter the address/alias you want to send from
Log Your Own Ticket
The University has provided a Self Service tool through which you can log your own tickets (jobs). You can also search for a previously logged ticket to check it's status. For urgent jobs you can phone the ITS Service Desk: ext 4008 (838 4008) for support.