Connect to Wireless on Chromebook for Staff & Students
1. Click on the wireless symbol next to the clock on your Chromebook. This varies depending on model and version of the Chrome Operating System, but is usually in the bottom right, or the top right.
2. Click on Settings and Help. On different versions of Chromebooks this may just show as Settings
3. On the settings window, click Add Connection > Add Wi-Fi
4. You will now see the Join Wi-Fi network window. Click Advanced
5. Set the settings as seen below. Change the SSID to the name of the network you are logging in to i.e. UOW Students, UOW Halls for students networks, eduroam for staff network or UOW Guest.
Change Server CA certificate to be set as Do not check as the Chromebook cannot determine UoW certificates and throws an error.
If your username on its own does not work, please try using <username>@waikato.ac.nz
Log Your Own Ticket
The University has provided a Self Service tool through which you can log your own tickets (jobs). You can also search for a previously logged ticket to check it's status. For urgent jobs you can phone the ITS Service Desk: ext 4008 (838 4008) for support.