Add the 'pac' File to Your Browser
In order to be able to access the internet you will need to have the waikato pac file added to your browser. This has changed for some schools so you may need to check first.
- Click Tools, then Internet Options
- Click the Connections tab, and then "LAN settings" button.
- Untick all boxes except "Use automatic configuration script"
- In the "Address" box, type http://www.waikato.ac.nz/waikato.pac
- Click Save
- Close and re-open your browser.
- Click Tools and then Options
- Click the "Advanced" icon at the top
- Click the Network tab
- Click the Settings button
- Click the Radio button that says "Automatic proxy configuration URL:"
- Type in http://www.waikato.ac.nz/waikato.pac
- Click OK
- Close and re-open your browser
Log Your Own Ticket
The University has provided a Self Service tool through which you can log your own tickets (jobs). You can also search for a previously logged ticket to check it's status. For urgent jobs you can phone the ITS Service Desk: ext 4008 (838 4008) for support.