Setup Outlook to Use Gmail
When using Outlook to access your gmail you need to set it up on each computer you move to. You will also need to add any other resource or staff mailboxes that you have access to.
- Go to Start > Programmes > Google Apps Sync (Newest version of the software is now called G Suite Sync)
- Click on Set up a Google Apps Sync user
- Enter the person's email address i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure the rest of the settings (below) are OK
- Click Continue
- You will now get the login screen - login with your username and domain password
- If you get a trusted website warning - accept it and continue
- Just click the Allow/Grant Access button on the next screen (below)
You will then see the below screen. Leave it up till following screen comes up
- Check the below settings are the same and click Create Profile (above screen can now be closed)
- Click Start Microsoft Outlook
You should now see the following box. The profile you want to use is email@example.com - Google Apps
Each time you open Outlook the Synchronization Tool will run. You can close the sync window and it will still run (just not be visible).
There should be a Google Sync Icon in the notification area of the task bar which spins when synchronizing (bottom picture).
The initial sync can take a few hours. You can keep working as normal, send and receive emails while the process is running.
Sync Icon in Taskbar
Log Your Own Ticket
The University has provided a Self Service tool through which you can log your own tickets (jobs). You can also search for a previously logged ticket to check it's status. For urgent jobs you can phone the ITS Service Desk: ext 4008 (838 4008) for support.