Zoom Meeting - Settings & Functions
Zoom Client Settings
In the zoom client you will have a "Settings" option. On the Settings screen you can do the following:
- Test your computers Audio
- Select your Video source and Video settings
- Select General settings for the Zoom application, content sharing and instant messaging
- Provide feedback to Zoom about the Zoom application
- Select a location to save your meeting Recordings to
- View or make changes to your Zoom account
- View Statistics
Hosting a meeting using the Zoom client.
- Open your Zoom client on your desktop and sign in with your Waikato username and password (sign in with SSO)
- Press Start with video
How to Schedule a Zoom Meeting
Zoom offers multiple options to schedule a meeting. Click on the link below for a simple guide on each method.
- Schedule from the Zoom App (desktop or mobile) - click here for a guide
- Schedule from the Zoom Web Portal See more Book & Manage a Zoom Meeting
- Schedule from a Plug-In - Chrome or Firefox (as below)
- Schedule from Google Calendar (as below)
Zoom Extension for Browser
The Zoom Extension for Browsers allows you to start or schedule your Zoom meeting with a single click from your browser or within Google calendar. Click here for information on each one and how to install. http://zoom.us/download#chrome_ext
Once installed you will see the Zoom icon on the browser.
Or Make a Zoom Meeting button in your Google Calendar (below)
Schedule a Meeting from Google Calendar
Once you have created the calendar event within your Google calendar you should download the plug-in for your browser. Once downloaded you will see the Make it a Zoom Meeting button within the options on your calendar invite as seen below.
Clicking on the Make it a Zoom Meeting button will assign a meeting ID to the invite.
Join a scheduled meeting:
There are different methods of joining a scheduled meeting
- You can click on the URL link that is in the description section of the calendar invitation or calendar reminder.
- You can copy the URL link and paste it into your browser's address bar
- Or you can start the meeting from your zoom client directly. Click on Join and then enter your scheduled meeting ID to start the meeting (The meeting ID is the 9-digit number at the end of the URL link.
Screen Sharing and Remote Control:
During a meeting you can share you screen and applications with the Participants
- Participant must join meeting with PC, MAC or iPad device.
- Participant that is sharing screen must be on a PC or MAC.
To start "Screen Sharing" select "Share Screen" button located in your meeting toolbar.
You can request remote control from host or the participant that is sharing screen.
- Once the user has started sharing you will need to locate the tool bar menu drop down at the top middle of your in meeting window. (i.e. "You are viewing "Joel Blogs screen")
- Next select "Request remote control right" This will then send the host/participant sharing a notification asking whether or not they wish to allow you to control their screen.
Give Mouse/Keyboard control:
- While "Screen Sharing" in a zoom meeting, you can "Give mouse/Keyboard control" to another participant that is in the meeting. First, the host or participant must select "Share Screen", (Host cannot initiate screen share to present for another participant in the meeting.)
- Next, move your mouse to the top of your meeting window/screen to "toggle" the drop-down screen sharing menu.
- Select " Give mouse/keyboard control to " and then select the participant you would like to give control to. The participant can click anywhere on their screen to start control.
Log Your Own Ticket
The University has provided a Self Service tool through which you can log your own tickets (jobs). You can also search for a previously logged ticket to check it's status. For urgent jobs you can phone the ITS Service Desk: ext 4008 (838 4008) for support.