How to Install Zoom
The Zoom client is a required application for Zoom meetings, much like Skype, Scopia and other Video conferencing solutions. (MAC instructions coming soon)
- If you are using a computer that is within a corporate environment you do not need administrator privileges to install the Zoom client.
- The Zoom client is a user profile installation which means it will not appear on the computer under another person's login. They will have to download it for their login.
Install Zoom on a Windows Computer
The Zoom client will download automatically when you start or join your first Zoom meeting or you can download the latest version by following the instructions below.
- From the computer or device you will be using for a Zoom meeting, open a new web browser of your choice.
- In the address bar of the browser type in the following text in the address bar or click the link here - https://zoom.us/support/download
- The installation file should automatically download. If for some reason it doesn't click on the blue "restart the download"
- On a reliable internet connection the download should take no longer than 1 minute.
- Once the download has been completed double click on the "Zoom Installer.exe" at the bottom as shown above
- Depending on the configuration of your computer you may receive this security Warning Window. Select Run to start the installation.
- The zoom application should automatically install onto your computer, you will see the progress on a window similar to this.
Once Zoom Client has been installed you will now see a "Start Zoom" from the Start menu.Congratulations you have now installed the zoom client. Happy Zooming.
Zoom Cloud Meetings
How to sign into Zoom and obtain your host licence.
- Once you have installed the Zoom application you will be presented with this window, select Sign In
- From this window select Sign in with SSO
- Enter waikato on this screen
- You will be directed to a Waikato login page - enter your Waikato username and Password and click Sign in.
- You have now associated your Waikato username with a Zoom host licence.
For System Requirements please visit the link below
Zoom Client for iOS & Android
- If you are using an iOS device, visit the Apple store and search for "zoom
- If you are using an Android device, visit the Google Play and search for "zoom"
Zoom Meeting - Settings & Functions (for info on using plug-ins for your calendar or browser)
Log Your Own Ticket
The University has provided a Self Service tool through which you can log your own tickets (jobs). You can also search for a previously logged ticket to check it's status. For urgent jobs you can phone the ITS Service Desk: ext 4008 (838 4008) for support.