Policy & Standards
The Head of ITS is responsible for a number of ICT policies, the development of which is coordinated through the ICTC with support from the Planning, Policy and Information Office. A variety of financial and other policies also relate to the purchase and use of ICT equipment. Current policies, guidelines and similar documents relevant to ICT include the following:
- Computer Systems Regulations
- Copyright Guidelines and Licence Agreements
- Corporate Data Management Policy
- Email Guidelines
- Gmail Policy & Principles
- Google Terms & Conditions
- Guidelines for Connecting Wireless Devices to the University Network.
- ICT Security - Incident Response Plan
- Password Guidelines
- Power Saving Guidelines for Desktop Machines.
- Server Hardening Standard
- Spam Guidelines
- Storage Guidelines for Staff
- Change Management Process
- Information Security Standards
- Virus Protection Guidelines
The University has provided a Self Service tool through which you can log your own tickets (jobs). You can also search for a previously logged ticket to check it's status. For urgent jobs you can phone the ITS Service Desk: ext 4008 (838 4008) for support.