Information Security Awareness
Not only is computer security something all staff members and students alike need to be aware of and understand it’s something anyone who utilises the Internet must master. Hackers, identity thieves, scammers, and online criminals are becoming increasingly devious and sophisticated. That means you need to be equally adept at fending them off and making sure you protect yourself.
Using the information contained in the accompanying pages within this website, you will gain an insight into the skills and disciplines required to keep your computing technology secure and your information safe. This will go a long way to improving your knowledge and making you less vulnerable to today’s constantly evolving threats.
Choose from the list of topics below to read further.
- Information Security Awareness
- Latest Security Alerts
- How passwords are cracked
- Ways in which passwords are vulnerable
- Tips for making your password stronger
- Good password management
- Password security questions and 2 Factor Authentication
- Antivirus / Antispam
- Signs to look out for
- What to do when your system has been compromised
- Email Phishing
- How to spot a phishing email
- NCSC Security Advisory on Spearphishing
- Email Security
- Minimise the risks
- Tips for minimising risks
- How to spot malware
- Securing your computer
- Tips for hardening computers
- Mobile Phone Security
- Best practices and tips for Mobile Phone Security
- Securely Using Mobile Apps
- Wireless Security
- When to consider using encryption?
- Privacy and identity theft
- Protect yourself against identity theft
- Cloud Services
- What do you need to be aware of?
- Social Engineering
- Social Engineering attacks
- Keep your computers, phones, applications. etc. up to date while you are off site
- Securing Your Home Network