Dr Claire Breen
Associate Professor (Law)
Qualifications: BCL NUI LLM PhD Nott
Dr Breen holds a BCL from the National University of Ireland (University College Cork). She also holds an LLM (International Law) and a PhD from the University of Nottingham.
Papers I Teach
- Public Law & Social Justice
- International Law
Claire Breen’s current research interests focus upon the confluence of international human rights law and international humanitarian law, with a particular interest in States' legal obligations arising from post-conflict reconstruction. Dr Breen has previously published extensively in the area of children's rights.
Dr Breen is currently supervising doctoral candidates and has supervised LLM students in the past. She continues to welcome applications for doctoral and graduate supervision for any subject within international human rights law, international humanitarian law and the laws relating to peace operations.
Human Rights; Law
Breen, C. M. (2017). [Review of Human rights in New Zealand: Emerging faultlines by Judy McGregor, Sylvia Bell and Margaret Wilson]. New Zealand Law Journal, (4), 139-140.
Breen, C. M. (2017). The declaration and the implementation of the rights of the indigenous child in Aotearoa. In A. Erueti (Ed.), International Indigenous Rights in Aotearoa New Zealand (pp. 86-98). Wellington: Victoria University Press.
Breen, C. M. (2017). Interpreting the child’s rights to equality and non-discrimination: The value of embracing difference. In Colloquium on the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child Implementation Project. Norway.
Breen, C. M. (2017). Economic and social rights and the maintenance of international peace and security. Routledge.
Find more research publications by Claire Breen
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Breen, AProf Claire||6037||cbreen||N.4.12||Law, Faculty of|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5 or 9 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 8: dial +64 7 557 extension (TAURANGA exts only)
- Calling between campuses add 37 to the front of the extension
- Emailing email@example.com
- Using the campus map to locate their room