Ms Gay Morgan
Senior Lecturer (Law)
Qualifications: BA Colorado LLM Yale JD (summa ) San Diego
Gay Morgan graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Physics from the University of Colorado, and later graduated Summa Cum Laude with JD from the University of San Diego. She also graduated with Masters in Law from Yale University. Ms Morgan has been admitted to the California and Eighth Circuit bars.
Gay is a founding member of the New Zealand Human Rights Foundation, a member of the Australia & New Zealand Law and History Society and a member of several international public law forums. She spent 11 years in Africa working on public infrastructure and community self-development projects, and three years working for the United States Court of Appeal, Eighth Circuit. These experiences are central to her research interests in public law and in jurisprudence. She is an editor of the New Zealand Yearbook of Jurisprudence.
Papers I Teach
- Public Law
- Legal Systems
- Self Government
- Animal Rights
Current Research Projects
- NZTA legislation model
- Democratic process in constitutionalism
- Moral considerateness of pest animals
- Communal responsibility
Law; Legal Education; Teaching
Morgan, G. D. (2015). Constitutional cookbook: Seeking palatable ingredients for constitutional reform in New Zealand. Waikato Law Review, 23, 82-111.
Morgan, G. D. (2015). Shifting Paradigms: Barry's Earth-Centrism: An Effective Noble Lie?. New Zealand Journal of Public and International Law, 13(1), 65-88.
Morgan, G. D. (2015). Comment: Deepening the path of translation - Differentiating arguments from power from arguments from legitimacy in a heterodox world. New Zealand Journal of Public and International Law, 15(1), 153-156.
Morgan, G. (2011). Thou shalt not tell - would a therapeutic approach enable children to break their silences in safety?. In Justice in the Round. Conference held at The University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand.
Find more research publications by Gay Morgan
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Morgan, Ms Gay||6600||morgan||N.5.23||Law, Faculty of|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5 or 9 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 8: dial +64 7 557 extension (TAURANGA exts only)
- Calling between campuses add 37 to the front of the extension
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using the campus map to locate their room