The Honourable Justice Heath
- Graduated Auckland University in 1978, LLB.
- Practised with Stace Hammond Grace & Partners, Hamilton from June 1981 to May 1998.
- Admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the Australian Capital Territory in August 1990.
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK) and Arbitrators and Mediators Institute of New Zealand in 1996.
- From 1 June 1998, went to separate bar and appointed Queen's Counsel.
- Consultant to New Zealand Law Commission 1997 to 1999.
- Commissioner, New Zealand Law Commission 1999–2002.
- Appointed a Judge of the High Court of New Zealand 2002.
- Since 2003, I have sat intermittently as a Judge of the Court of Appeal, on cases in the Criminal and Civil Appeal Divisions.
- New Zealand delegate to Working Groups on Electronic Commerce and Insolvency law at United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (Vienna and New York) from February 1999 until July 2001, and in December 2010.
- Prepared first draft (acknowledged in Preface) of UNCITRAL Model Law on Cross-border Insolvency: The Judicial Perspective (available at www.uncitral.org) while a Visiting Scholar at UNCITRAL in Vienna in May 2010.
- Judge of the Court of Appeal of Vanuatu, 2011.
- President, New Zealand Legal Research Foundation - May 2012 to present.