Library Services for Tauranga Students
The following services are offered to University of Waikato students enrolled in courses taught in Tauranga. Remember, in all correspondence with the University of Waikato Library make sure you include your name and University of Waikato Student ID number.
Requesting Items from Waikato
First, check the Bay of Plenty Polytechnic Library Catalogue in case the item you want is already available in the Bongard or Windermere Library.
Next, check Library Search. Find the item you want and open. Click on the "Request" button, and follow instructions to place a hold on the item/s you want. (You will need to log in to place a request).
Requested items will be sent to you at your home address. Remember to select either Bongard or Windermere Library as your pick-up point from the drop-down menu.
- If you are not sure exactly what you want, ask for help in the BOPPOLY Library to narrow your search. Alternatively contact us for help, or use Library Chat if available.
- University of Waikato Course Reserve (high demand) items will not usually be supplied to Tauranga students or staff, but contact us to see if access to part of this material can be arranged.
Borrowing in Person
Loan Periods & Returns
Items are normally issued for one month, and must be returned to either Windermere or Bongard Library by the due date printed on the receipt or the item details found on My Account in the Loans section.
Items not required by other Library users may be renewed online through My Account in the Loans section. All the items that are able to be renewed will have red renew button next to them.
All books are subject to recall if required by other Library users. Recall, overdue and other Library notices will be emailed or sent via txt from the University of Waikato Library directly to you. Recalled items must be returned by the new due date on Library notice either to the Bongard or Windermere Library, from where they will be returned to the University of Waikato Library. Charges associated with books returned to University of Waikato from Bongard or Winderemere will be borne by the University of Waikato Library.
Queries about Loans
If you have any queries about the loan status of University of Waikato Library materials, notices, fines, or other such maters, please contact the Library Enquiries Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or (07) 838 4051.
If journal articles are not available in full text from databases, but is available in a print journal held in the Hamilton campus, you may request a copy from the University of Waikato Library.
Information required when requesting journal articles by mail or email
Please supply the following information:
- Article author, article title or subject, journal title, volume and issue number, date, page numbers.
- You must also supply your name and address, and University of Waikato ID card barcode number.
- Please advise that you are a University of Waikato at Tauranga student. A copy of the requested article(s) will be emailed to you.
More information regarding the University of Waikato at Tauranga Library.