Dr Lynne Chepulis
Senior Research Fellow, Medical Research Centre
Qualifications: BSc, MSc, Mphil, PhD
Nutrition, Diabetes, Obesity, Epidemiology, Chronic disease development, Clinical trials.
Current projects include
i) an assessment of antioxidant-rich food extracts on glycaemic response in prediabetes
ii) NZ Public Health Nutrition (evaluation of sugars in SSBs, children's breakfast cereals,
iii) exploring barriers to lung cancer diagnosis in Maori
iv) microbiome change in gestational diabetes
Dr Chepulis has a background in nutrition and physiology, with an interest in the links between diet and chronic disease.
Biochemistry; Biology; Population Studies; Science
Chepulis, L., & Mearns, G. (2018). New Zealand breakfast cereals: are there sufficient low-sugar, low-sodium options?. Public Health Nutrition, 1-2. doi:10.1017/S1368980018000113
Mearns, G. J., Chepulis, L., Britnell, S., & Skinner, K. (2017). Health and nutritional literacy of New Zealand nursing students. Journal of Nursing Education, 56(1), 43-48. doi:10.3928/01484834-20161219-09
Mearns, G., & Chepulis, L. M. (2017). Health and nutritional literacy of New Zealand nursing students. In Nutrients: Conference Report: Nutrition Society of New Zealand Annual Conference Held in Wellington, New Zealand, 1-4 December 2015 Vol. 9 (pp. 22). MDPI AG.
Chepulis, L. M., Hill, S., & Mearns, G. (2017). The nutritional content of New Zealand breakfast cereals: An update. Public Health Nutrition, 20(18), 3234-3237.
Find more research publications by Lynne Chepulis
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Chepulis, Dr Lynne||4193||lynnec||K.3.09||Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5 or 9 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 8: dial +64 7 557 extension (TAURANGA exts only)
- Calling between campuses add 37 to the front of the extension
- Emailing email@example.com
- Using the campus map to locate their room