Dr Lynne Chepulis
Senior Research Fellow, Medical Research Centre
Qualifications: BSc, MSc, Mphil, PhD
Nutrition, Diabetes, Obesity, Epidemiology, Chronic disease development, Clinical trials.
Current projects include
i) an assessment of antioxidant-rich food extracts on glycaemic response in prediabetes
ii) NZ Public Health Nutrition (evaluation of sugars in SSBs, children's breakfast cereals,
iii) exploring barriers to lung cancer diagnosis in Maori
iv) microbiome change in gestational diabetes
Dr Chepulis has a background in nutrition and physiology, with an interest in the links between diet and chronic disease.
Biochemistry; Biology; Population Studies; Science
Mearns, G. J., Chepulis, L., Britnell, S., & Skinner, K. (2017). Health and Nutritional Literacy of New Zealand Nursing Students. Journal of Nursing Education, 56(1), 43-48. doi:10.3928/01484834-20161219-09
Chepulis, L., Mearns, G. J., & Skinner, K. (2017). Sugar content of supermarket beverages commonly consumed by children in New Zealand. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, 41(3), 321-322. doi:10.1111/1753-6405.12638
Chepulis, L. M., Hill, S., & Mearns, G. (2017). The nutritional content of New Zealand breakfast cereals: An update. Public Health Nutrition, 20(18), 3234-3237.
Chepulis, L. M., Al-Aubaidy, H. A., & Page, R. A. (2016). Effects of selected antioxidant food extracts on postprandial glucose responses in healthy individuals. Functional Foods in Health and Disease, 6(8), 493-505.
Find more research publications by Lynne Chepulis
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Chepulis, Dr Lynne||9553||lynnec||Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5 or 9 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 8: dial +64 7 557 extension (TAURANGA exts only)
- Calling between campuses add 37 to the front of the extension
- Emailing email@example.com
- Using the campus map to locate their room