- A new First Aid Policy intended to set out the University's standards with respect to the provision of first aid resources has been approved.
- A new Fundraising and Philanthropy Acceptance Policy intended to set out the principles and processes that apply to University fundraising and the acceptance of philanthropic gifts, bequests and grants has been approved.
- The Privacy Commissioner has posted a couple of YouTube videos that may of interest to staff involved in working with at-risk children who have concerns about the wellbeing and safety of those children (see the Child Protection Policy). The videos can be viewed here and here.
- Consultation on a draft Working from Home Policy closed on 31 March 2017. A number of concerns were raised about the policy and consideration is being given to next steps.
The following policies are currently under review:
- Corporate Data Management Policy
- Critical Event and Business Continuity Policy
- Financial Authority Policy
- ICT Equipment and Procurement Policy
- Mobile Device Policy
- Policy for Members of the Academic Staff Engaging in Commercial Consultancy Activities
- Provision of Computers for Staff and Recycling and Disposal of University Computer Equipment Policy
- Treasury Management Policy
Feedback on any of these policies is invited to email@example.com.
Recent updates have been made to the following policies:
- Alcohol on University Premises Policy - revised to align with the Kahurangi catering contract.
- Employee Engagement, Participation and Representation in Health and Safety Policy - substantially revised following review.
- Environmental Sustainability Policy - revised to align with the University of Waikato Strategy 2017-2021 and to make more explicit the University’s commitment to the responsible and appropriate management of waste.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Policy - minor revisions to reflect current practice.
- Gift Acceptance Policy - a new policy intended to provide guidance to staff as to proper behaviour with respect to the acceptance of gifts offered or presented to them in the course of University business and the avoidance of the perception of impaired objectivity or undue influence was approved by the Vice-Chancellor on 26 June 2017.
- Interests (Conflicts of Interest) Policy - a new policy intended to ensure that those making decisions on behalf of the University disclose and manage any interests that they may have, and act in a manner consistent with their responsibilities to the University and the public was approved by Council on 27 June 2017.
- Health and Safety Policy - substantially revised following review.
- Management of Work-Related Accidents and Illnesses Policy (was the Rehabilitation Policy) - substantially revised following review.
- Procurement Policy - revised to align with the Kahurangi catering contract.
- Reporting of Accidents and Incidents Policy (was the Work-Related Accidents and Incidents Policy) - substantially revised following review.
- Risk Management Policy - minor revision to assign responsibility for compliance monitoring to the Manager, Internal Audit and Risk (see clauses 11.e and 12).
The following proposed new policies are currently in development:
- Academic Agreements Policy - intended to set out the strategic principles and processes that apply when entering into academic agreements with other institutions.
- Code of Student Conduct - intended to give guidance to students on the standards of conduct expected by the University.
- Work Integrated Learning Placement Policy - intended to set out responsibilities and authorities around work integrated learning papers at the University for staff, students and placement providers.
Suggestions on matters relevant to these topics or suggestions for other new policies are invited to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q & A
Policy-related questions can be submitted to the Manager, Policy and Governance either by email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or through the feedback facility at the bottom of each policy. Answers will be posted here.
NO RECENT QUESTIONS
NO RECENT ANSWERS
Last updated 16 October 2017