Staff Professional Development
Teaching and eLearning
The Teaching Development page has links to a number of resources and further information for teaching staff. Of particular interest is the Postgraduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching and Learning and a range of non-credit courses.
The Research and Enterprise Office has a number of resources and contact people who can assist research staff.
Research Postgraduate Supervision
The School of Graduate Research has a number of resources and contact people who can assist staff undertaking PhD supervision.
They also provide regular workshops and events for staff and students.
Computing and Technology
ITS offer sessions at the start of each semester about how to use of teaching room technologies. Please see the Calendar below for dates.
CeTTL offer a range of workshops and resources to support some key University applications and software, such as the Google suite of products, Panopto, Moodle, and more.
The Library offers tutorials throughout the year which focus on study and research methods and how to best utilise the resources available through the Library. While these are targeted at students, staff are welcome to attend.
New Staff Induction and Onboarding
Leadership and Management Development
The Postgraduate Certificate in Leadership in Higher Education is currently being revised and won't be offered again until 2019 or 2020.
Finance and Systems
Financial Services Division offers the following workshops through out the year. Check the Calendar below for dates of the next sessions.
- Unimarket Training – Generate Purchase Orders (60 minutes)
- PCard Training - for Cardholders & Approvers (60 minutes)
- Paperless AP Training (60 minutes)
- Bespoke Workshop for staff who travel and book travel (45 minutes, held on campus) - available on request, please contact UOW@orbit.co.nz
Health and Wellbeing
The Professional and Organisational Development Unit offers development workshops and special events across a broad range of topics which provide an opportunity to refelect on your current skillset, align with university practices, share knowledge and learn from others. These workshops and events include, but are not limited to:
- High Performance through Goal Setting
- Planning for your Retirement
- Thinking Strategically
- Enhancing Self-Awareness and Communication through Personality Profiling
- Managing Time and Priorities
- Planning, Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing People through Change Processes
- Dealing with Difficult People and Different Personalities
- Managing a Budget
- Clear and Concise Business Writing
- Project Management Essentials
- Essential Communication Skills
- Effective Facilitation Skills
- Stunning Presentations
- Frontline Reception Skills
- General Staff Day
See the Calendar below for dates of scheduled session or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a session for your group or discuss your development needs.
Planned professional development events may be found in the calendar list below. Click the event name for further details. To register please use the Registration Form below. If you are seeking other professional development assistance or an activity which does not feature below please email email@example.com.
Professional Development Calendar
Calendar Event Colour Code: POD CeTTL ITS FSD RPG LIB
[Note: POD=Professional and Organisational Development Unit; CeTTL=Centre for Tertiary Teaching and Learning; ITS=Information and Technology Services; FSD=Financial Services Division; RPG=Research Postgraduate Supervision; LIB=Library]
- On this page
- PD Calendar of Events
- PD Registration Form
- Your choices
Your career development
- PD Network
- Centre for Tertiary Teaching and Learning (CeTTL)
- Professional and Organisational Development Unit (POD)
- School of Graduate Research