Staff Engagement Survey
- Will my responses be anonymous and confidential?
- Why are we conducting a survey of staff?
- Why should I complete the survey?
- When and how can I complete the survey?
- How long will it take me to complete the survey?
- What do I do if I lose the link to the survey?
- What can I do if I’m having trouble completing the survey online?
- What will happen with my response/information?
- Can the demographic questions be used to identify survey respondents?
- Where can I seek further help?
Will my responses be anonymous and confidential?
Absolutely. We have taken a lot of care about how individual responses are handled to ensure confidentiality and anonymity, including the following:
- The survey form is hosted by SurveyMonkey and only the survey administrator (currently the Professional and Organisational Development Manager, Mike Bell) can edit the form and access results
- The raw data responses are carefully filtered by SurveyMonkey to ensure there is no personal identifying information (name, email and IP address of the device used to complete the survey are not included)
- All demographic data is reported independently and separately from the survey question responses
- No reports or other aggregated data are generated for any group which has fewer than 10 respondees
Personal details (name and email address) are used by SurveyMonkey to monitor completion so that reminders can be directed only to staff who have not completed the survey, but cannot be linked with any individual reponses.
Note that the survey link sent to you in an email inviting you to participate is customised for you and is not transferable - i.e. forwarding the link to someone else will only provide access to your survey form. If anyone loses their survey link they should contact the survey administrator (Mike Bell, ext 8894 email firstname.lastname@example.org).
Why are we conducting a survey of staff?
We want to find out more about what it’s like to work at the University of Waikato today. What are the great things about working at the University and what are the things that we can improve about working at the University?
The purpose of this survey is to:
- seek feedback about your experiences of working at the University of Waikato;
- identify the great things about working at the University and some changes we can make that would most improve your working experience;
- establish a data “benchmark” so that we can compare these factors over time.
The results from this survey will inform actions to further improve the experience of working at the University.
Why should I complete the survey?
This is your chance to have a say. The University of Waikato’s senior leadership team have instigated this survey to find out what staff think, and they will be considering the collated results carefully. We want to know about your experience of the University of Waikato and what matters to you.
You will receive an email including the website address and instructions for completing the online survey. If you have any difficulties accessing the survey contact Mike Bell, ext 8894 email email@example.com.
The survey will be anonymous and confidential and all responses will be submitted directly to SurveyMonkey.
Please note that we are only sending invitations to staff who work more than 0.5 fulltime or greater who are employed for six months or longer.
On average it should take about 5 to 7 minutes to complete the 28 item survey. It is possible to complete part of the survey and later return to complete the remainder (using the link provided in the email invitation). On completion you may review your responses before submitting.
The survey link sent to you in an email inviting you to participate is customised for you and is not transferable - i.e. forwarding the link to someone else will only provide access to your survey form. If you lose your survey link, contact the survey administrator (Mike Bell, ext 8894 email firstname.lastname@example.org) so that a new link can be generated for you.
The survey is available online from any computer with internet access. If you are having difficulty accessing the survey online, contact Mike Bell, ext 8894 email email@example.com.
Your response to the survey is submitted directly to SurveyMonkey. Reports will be compiled summarising trends across the University of Waikato and also within top and second tier units (i.e. Faculty and School or Division and next level unit or equivalent where 10 or more responses have been received). The data will also be analysed to determine if different groups of staff have unique experiences and concerns (eg. academic versus general staff). The University will not be able to identify your specific response. The survey is anonymous. To ensure confidentiality, when we analyse data we will only report aggregated scores from groups of 10 or more respondents.
No. Individual responses will remain confidential and we will only report aggregated scores from groups of 10 or more respondents.
It is important that we include demographic data so that we can determine how particular groups experience working at The University of Waikato and so we can develop appropriate target actions to improve their working experience. The following demographic information will be linked to each response: organisational unit, length of service, gender, and academic/general category.
Contact Mike Bell, ext 8894 email firstname.lastname@example.org