University of Waikato Women in Leadership Day
2009 Summary Report
Thanks to those staff who were able to contribute towards making the inaugural Women in Leadership Day such a success.
The Women in Leadership Day is an initiative of the University of Waikato Leadership and Management Development Programme.
Our overarching goals for the Women in Leadership Day were:
- To reflect on the current state of affairs in relation to women at Waikato, in leadership roles and across the workplace more generally
- To set the foundation for future events
- Identify pathways forward to make positive and long lasting change at the University of Waikato.
The following documents are now available for download:
Action Points - The next step is to identify the specific actions that can be implemented immediately, actions that need to be assigned to those specific roles that have responsibility and actions that could be used to inform development of a position description for a senior management role such as a Pro Vice Chancellor Equity. A report from the day will be prepared and presented to the Vice Chancellor and the Vice-Chancellor’s Committee.
The recommendations generated from the day will become the basis of an Action Statement for Women at the University of Waikato. This Statement will be used to inform the development of the Workforce Plan for the University, which is one of the Plans that support the University Strategy.
Evaluations - Your evaluation comments and suggestions have been carefully considered and will incorporated into planning for future events. The positive remarks given were appreciated especially as there was only a single day and a very small budget to host this event ($1500). The feedback has been hugely positive and numerous exciting suggestions have been made for future events.
We invite you to:
- Express your interest in being on the organising committee for the next WILD event tentatively scheduled for 2 September 2010
- Nominate specific speakers
- Suggest topics for specific sessions/workshops
Please forward your suggestions to Mike Bell email@example.com or to another member of the WILD Steering Committee (2009):
We hope that many more staff will be able to attend in 2010.
Anna Bounds – Head of Human Resources
On Behalf of the WILD Steering Committee (2009)