Mathematics and Pāngarau
Our skilled facilitation team of accredited, highly effective practitioners model research based pedagogy. We offer support to kāhui-ako, school leaders and teachers with :
- enhancing pedagogical content knowledge
- furthering understanding of moderation processes and the making of Overall Teacher Judgements
- providing coaching and mentoring for others
- delivering one-off or a series of workshops (staff meetings or teacher only days) for a school or cluster of schools
- supporting kahui-ako, leaders and teachers with their inquiries, fostering opportunities towards the development of inquiry mindedness
- assisting kahui-ako, leaders and teachers with assessment tools, for example JAM and GloSS, Learning Framework and effective assessment pedagogy
- accelerating learning for all learners.
We have experienced Pāngarau facilitators who are familiar with research and effective practice in both Māori medium and dual medium settings. We can work with kaiako and kura leaders to:
- enhance curriculum and pedagogical content knowledge for Māori immersion settings
- use key pāngarau documents and resources such as Poutama Tau, Tihei Pāngarau and nzmaths
- understand aromatawai as it relates to pāngarau including Uiui, GloSS, IKAN and Ngā Whanaketanga Rumaki Māori
- support provisionally certificated teachers to develop effective pāngarau programmes
- identify and incorporate digital resources into the teaching and learning of pāngarau
- develop effective systems and processes to support overall teacher judgments and moderation
- provide guidance for kura and schools to engage whānau in pāngarau learning
Contact Ros Bartosh
Have you seen our Te Aka Matua Pāngarau App?
This app helps tamariki (children) to practice and consolidate their knowledge and skills at this level in three Pāngarau curriculum areas.
Play games from different parts of the motu (island). Complete 6 levels of Meka Matua (Basic Facts), Uara Tū (Place Value) and Tauira me te Pānga (Patterns and Relationships).