Dr Beth Fox
Lecturer (Earth Sciences)
Qualifications: MA (Hons), BSc (Hons), PhD
- Pearson, Andrew (in progress). Environmental archives of past soil carbon dynamics: resolving the DOC controversy. (chief supervisor Adam Hartland)
- Yousefzadeh, Elham (in progress). Understanding diverse eruption and emplacement processes from a Giant Pyroclastic Flow: the 1.23 Ma Ongatiti Ignimbrite, Taupo Volcanic Zone. (chief supervisor Adrian Pittari)
- Patterson, Kelli (in progress).
- Bates, Noel (in progress).
- Douie, Andrew (in progress).
- Garrity, Francis (in progress).
- Murphy, Caitlyn (in progress).
- Harpur, Alex (submitted). Anthropogenic influences on the sedimentary evolution of Coromandel Harbour. (chief supervisor Willem de Lange)
- MacPherson, David (2016). An integrated stratigraphy of Tauranga Harbour.
- Mullane, Kevin (2016). A geophysical study of the Kellyville and Onewhero Maar craters in the South Auckland Volcanic Field. (chief supervisor Adrian Pittari)
I have a range of research interests in the broad field of sedimentology and palaeoclimatology. My work is particularly focussed on using high-resolution sediment archives (in particular lake sediments) to reconstruct past environmental and climatic variation. I use a number of tools for this work, including environmental and palaeomagnetism, sedimentary facies analysis, palaeobotanical techniques and time-series analysis.
Fox, B. R. S., D'Andrea, W. J., Wilson, G. S., Lee, D. E., & Wartho, J. -A. (2017). Interaction of polar and tropical influences in the mid-latitudes of the Southern Hemisphere during the Mi-1 deglaciation. Global and Planetary Change, 155, 109-120. doi:10.1016/j.gloplacha.2017.06.008
MacPherson, D., Fox, B. R. S., & De Lange, W. P. (2017). Holocene evolution of the southern Tauranga Harbour. New Zealand Journal of Geology and Geophysics, 18 pages. doi:10.1080/00288306.2017.1360917
Reichgelt, T., D'Andrea, W. J., & Fox, B. R. S. (2016). Abrupt plant physiological changes in southern New Zealand at the termination of the Mi-1 event reflect shifts in hydroclimate and pCO(2). Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 455, 115-124. doi:10.1016/j.epsl.2016.09.026
Yousefzadeh, E., Pittari, A., Lowe, D. J., & Fox, B. R. S. (2016). Textural analysis of the Ongatiti Ignimbrite matrix to assess the particle framework and mechanism of pyroclastic flows. In Geoscience Society of New Zealand: Geosciences 2016. Conference held at Lake Wanaka Centre, Wanaka, New Zealand.
Find more research publications by Beth Fox
Contact DetailsEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +64 7 838 4520