Dr Beth Fox
Senior Lecturer (Earth Sciences)
Qualifications: MA (Hons), BSc (Hons), PhD
- Pearson, Andrew (in progress). Environmental archives of past soil carbon dynamics: resolving the DOC controversy. (chief supervisor Adam Hartland)
- Yousefzadeh, Elham (in progress). Understanding diverse eruption and emplacement processes from a Giant Pyroclastic Flow: the 1.23 Ma Ongatiti Ignimbrite, Taupo Volcanic Zone. (chief supervisor Adrian Pittari)
- Patterson, Kelli (in progress).
- Bates, Noel (in progress).
- Douie, Andrew (in progress).
- Garrity, Francis (in progress).
- Murphy, Caitlyn (in progress).
- Harpur, Alex (submitted). Anthropogenic influences on the sedimentary evolution of Coromandel Harbour. (chief supervisor Willem de Lange)
- MacPherson, David (2016). An integrated stratigraphy of Tauranga Harbour.
- Mullane, Kevin (2016). A geophysical study of the Kellyville and Onewhero Maar craters in the South Auckland Volcanic Field. (chief supervisor Adrian Pittari)
I have a range of research interests in the broad field of sedimentology and palaeoclimatology. My work is particularly focussed on using high-resolution sediment archives (in particular lake sediments) to reconstruct past environmental and climatic variation. I use a number of tools for this work, including environmental and palaeomagnetism, sedimentary facies analysis, palaeobotanical techniques and time-series analysis.
Jones, D. A., Wilson, G. S., Gorman, A. R., Fox, B. R. S., Lee, D. E., & Kaulfuss, U. (2017). A drill-hole calibrated geophysical characterisation of the 23 Ma Foulden Maar stratigraphic sequence, Otago, New Zealand. New Zealand Journal of Geology and Geophysics, 60(4), 465-477. doi:10.1080/00288306.2017.1369130
Spinardi, F., Campbell, B. R., Moon, V. G., Pittari, A., Fox, B. R. S., & de Lange, W. P. (2017). Unravelling fault structures of the Hamilton Basin. In G. J. Alexander, & C. Y. Chin (Eds.), Proceedings of the 20th New Zealand Geotechnical Society Symposium (pp. 121-128). Conference held at Napier Conference Centre, Napier, New Zealand.
MacPherson, D., Fox, B. R. S., & De Lange, W. P. (2017). Holocene evolution of the southern Tauranga Harbour. New Zealand Journal of Geology and Geophysics, 18 pages. doi:10.1080/00288306.2017.1360917
Fox, B. R. S., D'Andrea, W. J., Wilson, G. S., Lee, D. E., & Wartho, J. -A. (2017). Interaction of polar and tropical influences in the mid-latitudes of the Southern Hemisphere during the Mi-1 deglaciation. Global and Planetary Change, 155, 109-120. doi:10.1016/j.gloplacha.2017.06.008 Open Access version: https://hdl.handle.net/10289/11470
Find more research publications by Beth Fox
Contact DetailsEmail: email@example.com
Phone: +64 7 838 4520