Dr Beth Fox
Lecturer (Earth Sciences)
Qualifications: MA (Hons), BSc (Hons), PhD
- Pearson, Andrew (in progress). Environmental archives of past soil carbon dynamics: resolving the DOC controversy. (chief supervisor Adam Hartland)
- Yousefzadeh, Elham (in progress). Understanding diverse eruption and emplacement processes from a Giant Pyroclastic Flow: the 1.23 Ma Ongatiti Ignimbrite, Taupo Volcanic Zone. (chief supervisor Adrian Pittari)
- Patterson, Kelli (in progress).
- Bates, Noel (in progress).
- Douie, Andrew (in progress).
- Garrity, Francis (in progress).
- Murphy, Caitlyn (in progress).
- Harpur, Alex (submitted). Anthropogenic influences on the sedimentary evolution of Coromandel Harbour. (chief supervisor Willem de Lange)
- MacPherson, David (2016). An integrated stratigraphy of Tauranga Harbour.
- Mullane, Kevin (2016). A geophysical study of the Kellyville and Onewhero Maar craters in the South Auckland Volcanic Field. (chief supervisor Adrian Pittari)
I have a range of research interests in the broad field of sedimentology and palaeoclimatology. My work is particularly focussed on using high-resolution sediment archives (in particular lake sediments) to reconstruct past environmental and climatic variation. I use a number of tools for this work, including environmental and palaeomagnetism, sedimentary facies analysis, palaeobotanical techniques and time-series analysis.
Fox, B. R. S., Reichgelt, T., D'Andrea, W. J., Wilson, G. S., & Lee, D. E. (2015). Early Miocene deglaciation preceded by short-lived increase in atmospheric carbon dioxide. In GeoSciences 2015: Annual Conference of the Geoscience Society of New Zealand: Zealandia in Space and Time. Conference held at Victoria University of Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand.
Fox, B. R. S., Wilson, G. S., & Lee, D. E. (2015). A unique annually laminated maar lake sediment record shows orbital control of Southern Hemisphere midlatitude climate across the Oligocene-Miocene boundary.. Geological Society of America Bulletin. doi:10.1130/B31349.1
MacPherson, D., Fox, B. R. S., & de Lange, W. P. (2015). An integrated stratigraphy of Tauranga Harbour. In D. MacPherson, B. R. S. Fox, & W. P. de Lange (Eds.), Annual Conference of the Geoscience Society of New Zealand: Zealandia in space and time. Conference held at Victoria University of Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand.
Harpur, A., Fox, B. R. S., de Lange, W. P., & Boxberg, F. (2015). Anthropogenic influence on the sedimentary evolution of the Coromandel Harbour. In R. MacKay, M. Savage, & C. Wilson (Eds.), Annual Conference of the Geoscience Society of New Zealand: Zealandia in space and time. Wellington.
Find more research publications by Beth Fox
Contact DetailsEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +64 7 838 4520