Senior Lecturer / Pūkenga Matua
Qualifications: PGDipFA Auckland; MFineArts Auckland
A weaver, a designer, a teacher, a mother, an artist and a closet chef.
MFA – Sculpture: Whitecliffe College of Art & Design-thesis: Weaving the Skin, 2005.
PG Dip FA – Elam School of Art-specialty: Sculpture in Raranga.
- Developing a research platform in the area of creative research as an epistemic - a coalescence of Western action and Indigenous contemplation
- Enquiry practice links praxis and theory - site, issue, response
- On-going visual research in the Māori Fibre Arts and connections to cultural identity
- Teaching in creative practice environments and motivational issues that arise from that context
- Te Pā Harakeke as a model for whānau ora
- Digital and time-based & interactive media in practice and design pedagogy
- Kaupapa Māori research informing design practice and pedagogy
Campbell, D. L. (2016). Niho II [Ngaa Hua o te Rito Exhibition - Waikato Museum] [Stole made with harakeke, faux fur, synthetic dye]. Hamilton, Waikato: Waikato Museum te Whare Taonga o Waikato.
Pihama, L., Greensill, H., Campbell, D., Te Nana, R., & Lee, J. (2015). Taku Kuru Pounamu. Hamilton, New Zealand: Te Kotahi Research Institute.
Pihama., Lee, J., Te Nana, R., Campbell., Greensill., & Tauroa. (2015). Te pā harakeke: Whānau as a site of wellbeing. In R. E. Rinehart, E. Emerald, & R. Matamua (Eds.), Ethnographies in Pan Pacific Research Tensions and Positionings (pp. 251-266). Routledge.
Pihama, L. E., & Campbell, D. (2015). Tiakina te Pā Harakeke. In NZARE - New Zealand Association for Research in Education. Conference held at Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiārangi, Whakatāne, New Zealand.
Find more research publications by Donna Campbell
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Campbell, Ms Donna||9557||dcampbel||A.1.06||Te Pua Wananga ki te Ao|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5 or 9 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 8: dial +64 7 557 extension (TAURANGA exts only)
- Calling between campuses add 37 to the front of the extension
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using the campus map to locate their room