Associate Professor John A Perrone
Qualifications: MSc PhD Cant
John Perrone's expertise is in the field of Vision Science.
1) Modelling aspects of human self motion estimation. Ongoing research project which involves development and computer simulation of putative physiological motion processing in areas MT and MST of primate visual cortex.
2) Testing people's ability to estimate their heading direction and to extract depth information from image motion.
Perrone, J. A. (2018). Visual–vestibular estimation of the body's curvilinear motion through the world: A computational model. Journal of Vision, 18(4), 1-32. doi:10.1167/18.4.1
Kim, J. D., Perrone, J. A., & Isler, R. B. (2017). The effect of differences in day and night lighting distributions on drivers' speed perception. Perception, 46(6), 728-744. doi:10.1177/0301006616684236
Clark, H. E., Perrone, J. A., Isler, R. B., & Charlton, S. G. (2017). Fixating on the size-speed illusion of approaching railway trains: What we can learn from our eye movements. Accident Analysis and Prevention, 99, 110-113. doi:10.1016/j.aap.2016.11.013
Clark, H. E., Perrone, J. A., Isler, R. B., & Charlton, S. G. (2016). The role of eye movements in the size-speed illusion of approaching trains. Accident Analysis and Prevention, 86, 146-154. doi:10.1016/j.aap.2015.10.028
Find more research publications by John Perrone
Visual perception; illusions; visual aspects of driving or flying; human visual navigation; robot vision systems; computer models of the visual system.
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Perrone, AProf John||9229||jpnz||K.1.08||School of Psychology|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5 or 9 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 8: dial +64 7 557 extension (TAURANGA exts only)
- Calling between campuses add 37 to the front of the extension
- Emailing email@example.com
- Using the campus map to locate their room