Mr Les Arthur
Senior Lecturer (Law)
Qualifications: BA Waikato LLB MComLaw Auck PGDipDR Melb L.E.A.D.R. Trained Mediator Director, Graduate Diploma in Dispute Resolution
Les Arthur completed a Bachelor of Arts degree at the University of Waikato, and a Bachelor of Laws and Master of Commercial Law, with Honours, at the University of Auckland. He is a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand and Director of the Graduate Diploma in Dispute Resolution.
Les worked in private practice for eight years, most recently as senior corporate counsel for a multinational insurer. He acted for two years as a voluntary solicitor for the Citizens Advice Bureau and supervising solicitor for the Hamilton District Community Law Centre. He has completed an advanced negotiation workshop at Harvard Law School, as well as advanced mediation workshops in New Zealand and Australia.
- Legal Ethics
- Dispute Resolution
- Disputes Tribunals: Monetary Jurisdiction
Arthur, L. M. (2017). The role of online courts in promoting access to justice. In Civil Justice Research & Teaching Symposium. Flinders, Adelaid.
Arthur, L. M. (2017). Can online courts promote access to justice?. The New Zealand Law Journal, 356-360.
Arthur, L. M. (2017). JCS Cost Management Ltd v QBE (International) Insurance Ltd. New Zealand Law Journal, 3, 57.
Arthur, L. M. (2017). Air New Zealand Limited v The Disputes Tirbunal. New Zealand Law Journal, 4, 90-92.
Find more research publications by Les Arthur
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Arthur, Mr Les||6021||larthur||N.4.21||Law, Faculty of|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5 or 9 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 8: dial +64 7 557 extension (TAURANGA exts only)
- Calling between campuses add 37 to the front of the extension
- Emailing email@example.com
- Using the campus map to locate their room