Dr Tracy Bowell
Pro Vice-Chancellor Teaching and Learning
Qualifications: BA(Hons) Sus, MPhil Camb, PhD Auck
Tracy's research interests include critical reasoning and argumentation, epistemology, Wittgenstein, feminist philosophy, philosophy of education
Kingsbury, J., & Bowell, T. (2017). Virtue argumentation theory reconsidered: Towards a complete account of good argument. In 2nd European Conference on Argumentation-ECA 2017: Argumentation and inference. Conference held at Fribourg, Switzerland.
Bowell, T. (2017). Response to the editorial ‘Education in a post-truth world’. Educational Philosophy and Theory, -online, 1-4. doi:10.1080/00131857.2017.1288805
Bowell, T. (2017). Wittgenstein on teaching and learning the rules: Taking him at his word. In M. A. Peters, & J. Stickney (Eds.), A Companion to Wittgenstein on Education: Pedagogical Investigations (pp. 643-658). Springer.
Bowell, T. A., & Kingsbury, J. M. (2016). Open mindedness. In L. Benacquista, & P. Bondy (Eds.), Proceedings of the Ontario Society for the Study of Argumentation Conference: Argumentation, Objectivity and Bias Vol. 11 (pp. 1-8). http://scholar.uwindsor.ca/ossaarchive/OSSA11/papersandcommentaries/87/: Leddy Library, University of Windsor.
Find more research publications by Tracy Bowell
Gender; Metaphysics; Morals and Ethics; Pedagogy; Philosophy; Teaching and Learning
Critical thinking pedagogy Argumentation (especially virtue and argumentation) Wittgenstein (especially the later work) Philosophy and gender (especially epistemology) Intellectual virtue
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Bowell, Dr Tracy||9351||taboo||B.G.09||Deputy Vice-Chancellor Academic|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5 or 9 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 8: dial +64 7 557 extension (TAURANGA exts only)
- Calling between campuses add 37 to the front of the extension
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using the campus map to locate their room