Viewing of Examination Scripts
Students viewing their own examination script
- Copies of students’ marked examination scripts are available to them after the University’s examination period and marking processes have been completed and results are finalised. Once they have sat a formal University examination they may apply to receive a copy of their written examination script.
- Application forms are available from the student Information Centre in the Student Centre.
- Applications must be made no later than three months after the relevant examination period concerned. The University will destroy examination scripts for that examination period after this time.
Viewing previous years’ examination papers
- A complete print set of University of Waikato examination papers is held in the Central University Library. Print copies of the past three years’ examination papers are held in the Course Reserves Collection in the Central University Library.
- Undergraduate examination papers for the last two years are available in electronic form via iWaikato (students and staff of University of Waikato only).
- Any examination paper will be made available to any University of Waikato student on request. Normally the person will be given a copy (either via iWaikato or in the Library). If a department has reasonable grounds, concerned with efficient administration and/or the integrity of the assessment process, for wishing to limit access to the paper, the student will be given an opportunity to inspect the paper, rather than being given a copy. Each department maintains and administers a Non-Publishable Examination Archive of old exam papers that belong to that department.
- Students can obtain application forms for all examination processes from the student Information Centre in the Student Centre or online.
Students are able to view their own or previous year’s examinations scripts. For more information see Copies of Examination Scripts.