Special Examination Arrangements to Sit Examinations at Another Time or at Another Location
If, due to exceptional circumstances beyond your control you cannot sit your examination(s) at the normal scheduled time, or you are unable to sit your examination(s) at the normal scheduled location on the date of your examination(s), you may apply for permission to sit the examination(s) at another time or at another location in New Zealand or overseas.
Who can apply for special arrangements?
Arrangements to sit examinations at another time or at another location are granted only in exceptional circumstances, when compelling reasons exist, and where adequate supervision can be arranged.
You must state in your application reasons why you cannot sit the relevant examination(s) at the scheduled time or location, and you must provide satisfactory documentary evidence to support your application. For example, if you are representing New Zealand in a particular sport, you will need to provide a letter from the sports organisation advising your selection, and a copy of your itinerary and travel booking arrangements.
If your application is approved:
- you will need to pay the standard administration charge of $50.00 before the arrangement can be made. You may also need to pay all costs for supervision and other charges related to arranging the examination (including courier charges);
- and if you are sitting the examination at another time, you will be required to sit the examination within 48 hours before, or after, the normal scheduled time;
- and if you are sitting the examination at another location, you will be required to sit the examination at the scheduled date and time. It is your responsibility to find and provide details of the proposed examination venue - usually another University - and the name and address of a contact person at that venue;
- you will be required to sign a statutory declaration swearing an oath that you will not discuss the examination content with any other person who has knowledge of, or interest in, the contents of the examination.
How to apply
Application forms can be completed online.
Tauranga OOT/OL: Complete this form if you wish to sit at the University of Waikato’s Tauranga campus at the same time as scheduled in the University of Waikato Examinations Timetable, (with the $50.00 administration charge waived).
General OOT/OL: Complete this form for all other locations or times
Hard copies of forms are available from the Student Centre, The Library, Gate 5, Hillcrest Road, Hamilton, or from reception in the Maharaia Bulding at Windermere Campus, Tauranga.
The Assessment and Graduation Office must receive your application by the following deadlines:
- A Semester - the third Friday in May
- B Semester - the fourth Friday in September (22 Sept 2017)
- Summer Semester - the last Friday in January
If you need help with completing the form, or you need further information on special examination arrangements, contact staff in the Assessment and Graduation Office on +64 7 838 4466 extension 4941 or the Student Admin Team on 0800 WAIKATO