3MT - General Information
- A single static PowerPoint slide is permitted. No slide transitions, animations or 'movement' of any description are allowed. The slide is to be presented from the beginning of the oration.
- No additional electronic media (e.g. sound and video files) are permitted.
- No additional props (e.g. costumes, musical instruments, laboratory equipment) are permitted.
- Presentations are limited to 3 minutes maximum and competitors exceeding 3 minutes are disqualified.
- Presentations are to be spoken word (eg. no poems, raps or songs).
- Presentations are to commence from the stage.
- Presentations are considered to have commenced when a presenter starts their presentation through either movement or speech.
- The decision of the adjudicating panel is final.
Other things to consider
Your presentation should take into account any Intellectual Property (IP) issues. If content is embargoed or sensitive, your presentation will need to be structured to avoid compromising this.
The University of Waikato reserves the right to withdraw any candidate from this competition if they do not meet the eligibility criteria or are found to have breached University of Waikato protocol, either by plagiarising part or all of their presentation or acting in a manner that does not promote fair competition.
Terms and Conditions/Publicity Consent
All entrants must read the terms and conditions/publicity consent document