Changing Your Programme
There is an opportunity at the beginning of semester to change the papers you have enrolled in. This is only possible if you've already signed your enrolment agreement.
You can add papers up until 5pm Friday of the first week of the semester. You can withdraw from papers with a full refund up until 5pm Friday of the second week of Semester A and B, or up until 5pm Friday of the first week in summer school semesters. After this date you could be liable to change of enrolment fees. All changes are subject to approval by your Faculty/School after these dates.
How to change your enrolment
All changes to enrolment are made in iWaikato
- Login to iWaikato which can be accessed from the student homepage.
- Click on ‘Change of Enrolment’ under the ‘Quick Links’ on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Next to your year of enrolment i.e. 2017 select ‘Apply to Change Enrolment'.
Adding a paper
- Select ‘Add Papers’ on the bottom right. You need to enter the paper codes in the search box (for example MNGT101).
- Click on ‘Search’ to bring up all matching papers. If you are unsure of the paper code, you can find it in the Catalogue of Papers.
- Tick the paper you want to add and click 'Add selected paper'
- Repeat this process for each paper.
- Click on ‘Proceed to Submit’ once you have added your full year’s programme of study and then ‘Submit application’.
- A confirmation screen will appear when your application has been submitted.
There is no guarantee for placement in a paper as some papers may be full.
Once you have added a paper, payment is due either on the Friday before the paper starts, or if it has already started, payment is due immediately.
Withdrawing from a paper
- Find the paper you wish to withdraw from in your list of papers and click on the ‘X’ button on the right.
- You will only be able to withdraw from papers that don't have a grade entered.
Remember to let Studylink know about your changes. Contact them on 0800 88 99 00 or www.studylink.govt.nz
University of Waikato Information Centre
Phone: 0800 WAIKATO or +64 7 856 2889