News and events
It's an exciting time for the University of Waikato and the greater Bay of Plenty region with the development of the Tauranga CBD tertiary campus. The new campus will be open in central Tauranga by 2020, with the University leading the development on behalf of the Bay of Plenty Tertiary Education Partnership. Here you'll find information about news and events related to the development.
Latest news releases
- June 2017: Firm chosen to build tertiary campus in Tauranga
- October 2016: New Tauranga CBD campus design concept confirmed
- August 2016: University of Waikato to boost contribution to Tauranga CBD campus project
- April 2016: University appoints Academic Director to lead Tauranga CBD campus development
- December 2015: Jasmax appointed to design new Tauranga CBD tertiary campus
- August 2015: Project management firm chosen for Tauranga CBD campus development
- May 2015: Tauranga CBD campus a step closer with signing of Heads of Agreement
- July 2014: Green light for Bay campus
Check in here for any upcoming events related to the Tauranga CBD campus development. The University of Waikato believes strongly in community connections and already hosts a variety of engagement events, stakeholder events. We'll be talking to the community as we progress through this development, so check this page regularly.
Get in touch
If you have a media query about the campus, email us on email@example.com