The University of Waikato - 2013 Institutional KPIs
1. Delivery Ministry-Funded EFTS within 100%-103% of approval Investment Plan funding.
2. Deliver annual targets for Full-Cost International EFTS.
3. Increase the proportion of revenue generated from non-student and non-Government sources.
4. Maintain the University's low-risk rating against the TEC's Financial Monitoring Framework.
Educational Participation and Performance
5. Achieve educational participation and performance (pass, retention and completion rates) targets as agreed in the University's Investment Plan 2013-2015 for
a. Ministry-Funded students overall
b. Ministry-Funded students aged under 25
c. Ministry-Funded Māori students
d. Ministry-Funded Pacific students
e. Full-Cost International students
f. Research degree completions
6. Increase research and development (R&D) revenue.
7. Increase the proportion of the University's academic staff who are engaged in research activity at an internationally recognised level, assessed through a two-yearly internal formative research exercise.
Organisational Culture: Staff and Students
8. Maintain the overall response rate in the University's three-yearly staff engagement survey and
a. improve the result in the 'Progress' index and
b. maintain the result in the 'Job Satisfaction' scale.
9. In the two-yearly AUSSE and POSSE survey
a. maintain results in the 'Overall Satisfaction' scale
b. maintain results in the 'Career Readiness' scale.
10. Improve the University's annual ranking in the QS World University Ranking and THE World University Ranking exercises.
Approved by Council, 22 August 2012.