The Waikato Gender Research Network (WGRN) has been established to identify gender research issues of relevance to scholars across disciplines and faculties at the University of Waikato. WGRN aims to provide opportunities and support for those undertaking projects concerned with gender, and to pursue funding opportunities wherever possible. It is open to anyone at the University (that is, all staff and students) with an interest in gender research.
WGRN has links with:
- Women and Gender Studies Programme
- Women in Leadership (WIL) Programme including its Waikato alumni
- Waikato Women’s Caucus
- Waikato Women Professors’ Network
- Women in Research Development Programme (currently being established)
The objectives of the Waikato Gender Research Network are:
- To identify gender research issues of relevance to scholars across disciplines and faculties at Waikato University and provide opportunities for collaboration wherever possible.
- To support, liaise, collaborate and pursue funding opportunities with gender researchers across campus and beyond.
- To collate into a repository research outputs on gender by Waikato researchers.
- To enhance the research capacities of gender researchers through identifying and implementing new strategies and ideas, and hosting events such as workshops and seminars.
- To provide a website that links researchers and research on gender at Waikato University and has potential to be used as an outreach tool.
The network will hold meetings as required, but normally four per year and one annual symposium.