Dr Cate T Curtis
Senior Lecturer, Psychology
Qualifications: BA Cant, BSocSc(Hons), PhD Waikato
Programme:Social and Community Psychology
Faculty:Arts and Social Sciences
Research Interests and Expertise
Young women’s wellbeing in general, in particular suicidality & self-harm, constructions of ‘risk’ and ‘resilience’, youth ‘justice’.
In-depth interviews, life history.
Carol Gilligan, Sue Wilkinson, Celia Kitzinger, Dorothy Bottrell, Nicola Gavey.
Brennan, S., Robertson, N. R., & Curtis, C. (2017). Shame and resilience: A New Zealand based exploration of resilient responses to shame. In E. Vanderheiden, & M. Claude-Helene (Eds.), The Value of Shame: Exploring a Health Resource in Cultural Contexts (pp. 201-221). Springer. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-53100-7_9
Curtis, C. (2016). Giving voice versus gate-keeping: Negotiating complexities in research collaborations. In Qualitative Methods Conference: Collaboration considered: Complexities and possibilities across communities and cultures. Conference held at Glasgow, United Kingdom.
Curtis, C. (2016). Non-suicidal self-injury: From suicide risk to social activity. In NZPsS Annual Conference. Conference held at Massey University, Wellington, New Zealand.
Curtis, C. (2016). Feminism in psychology: Aotearoa/New Zealand and beyond. Women's Studies Journal, 30(2), 6-22.
Find more research publications by Cate Curtis
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Curtis, Dr Cate||9207||ccurtis||J.1.27||Psychology, School of|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5 or 9 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 8: dial +64 7 557 extension (TAURANGA exts only)
- Calling between campuses add 37 to the front of the extension
- Emailing email@example.com
- Using the campus map to locate their room