As a staff member, you can make a complaint about a student through MyWaikato. If your complaint is about another staff member, please contact your HR Advisor.
Before you proceed with a complaint through MyWaikato please ensure you understand the following
- Complaints made through MyWaikato require evidence of the complaint
- Complaints made by staff will be assessed under the Student Discipline Regulations
- You will need to make a complaint within a timely manner, especially if it relates to an academic matter
- Anonymous complaints will not be accepted. If you wish to make your complaint anonymous, please contact the Student Discipline Manager to discuss this further
- Any person named in the complaint will be notified and information within the complaint will be shared with them
When can I make a complaint?
You can make a complaint at any time, however, we do ask for these to be lodged within a timely manner.
Who will see my complaint?
If a complaint includes allegations about another individual, that person will be provided with a copy of all relevant documentation, including a copy of the complaint.
Can I make an anonymous complaint?
Complaints submitted through MyWaikato cannot be anonymous. If you are concerned that there might be negative consequences if your name was revealed, you can discuss this matter in confidence with the Student Discipline Manager.
What happens once I’ve made a complaint?
Once the complaint has been received, it will be allocated to the appropriate person or operational area. In most cases, complaints relating to issues concerning students will be referred to the Student Discipline Committee. Once investigated, the outcome will be communicated to you and any other relevant parties who have been involved.
What is the process if I am a staff member and have a complaint regarding another staff member?
Please contact your HR Advisor. Contact details can be found here.