Mr Anthony S Fisher
Education; Education Research; Leadership; Teacher Education; Teacher Practice/Practicum
Qualifications: Diploma in Teaching, University of Waikato; Bachelor of Arts (Education) University of Auckland; Post Graduate Diploma: Educational Psychology, University of Auckland; Post Graduate Diploma: Strategic Management. University of Waikato; Master of Arts (Education, First Class Honours);
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Fisher, Mr Anthony||7836||afish||TT.2.07||Te Whiringa Educational Leadership and P|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 select option 1, then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4, 5 or 9 can also be direct dialled:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- For extensions starting with 9: dial +64 7 837 extension
- For extensions starting with 8: dial +64 7 557 extension (TAURANGA exts only)
- Calling between campuses add 37 to the front of the extension
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Using the campus map to locate their room
Primary Programme Leader for initial teacher education.
Presently supervising students researching in the areas of Modern Learning Environments and Coaching and Mentoring.
I have previously supervised students researching in the following areas:
- Immigrant students transitions into the New Zealand educational context
- Review of teacher professional development programme in the Pacific islands
- "Third Culture" children
- Integrated curriculum for IB arts and English programme.
I have an interest in the development of teachers and in coaching and mentoring students and graduate teachers. This interest in developing students and teachers also links to my research in transitions across different contexts.
I also have an interest in leadership and in particular the development of leaders within schools and the relational aspect of leadership that supports the development of teachers and schools. This has also consider the positioning of principals within a schools social network.
Fisher, A., & Carlyon, T. (2017). The transition from teaching in an international context back to New Zealand. New Zealand Journal of Educational Studies. doi:10.1007/s40841-017-0103-2
Fisher, A., Carlyon, T., & Peter, M. (2017). Students achieve more when teachers have time to do what they know works best. Teacher Development, 1-15. doi:10.1080/13664530.2017.1279682
Fisher, A. S. (2016). Where do principals sit? The position of principals withina schools social network. In NZEALS Conference 16.
Edwards, R., Fisher, A., & Reggie, C. (2016). Teachers’ perceptions of the impact of a one-year in-service teacher education programme in the Solomon Islands. Waikato Journal of Education, 21(2), 17-28. doi:10.15663/wje.v21i2.266 Open Access version: https://hdl.handle.net/10289/11695
Find more research publications by Anthony Fisher