The Postgraduate Diploma in Education is for graduates, who want to develop their professional understanding of Education and build upon the knowledge gained in their undergraduate education degree.
Education is a broad area of study and particularly suits people already employed in the education sector such as teachers. Completing study in Education can enhance your theoretical knowledge and classroom practice and provide future opportunities for professional development or higher study.
Senior Lecturer Frances Edwards
- Adult Literacy and Numeracy Education
- Global Studies in Education
- Guidance and Pastoral Care
- Māori Medium Teaching (Te Rōpū Tohu Paerua)
- Middle Schooling
- Music Education (Orff-Schulwerk)
- Restorative Practices
- Bachelor of Teaching/Education or
- Bachelors degree plus a teaching qualification (e.g. GradDipT) or
- Bachelors degree plus the Graduate Diploma in Education
Complete the online enrolment process.
The PGDipEd comprises the equivalent of four (120 points) 500 level papers from any of the following subjects;
- Arts Education
- Disability and Inclusion Studies
- Education Studies
- Educational Leadership
- Human Development
- Language and Literacy Education
- Mathematics Education
- Science and Technology Education
- Sport and Leisure Studies
This programme combines online learning, teaching and discussion and on-campus workshops and suits distance learners.
Please view the Qualification Regulations in the latest handbook for detailed requirements.