Add a multiple choice question to a quiz
Note: This guide assumes you have already created a quiz activity in your Moodle paper and now want to add a multiple choice question to the quiz. The various question types have different editing screens; Multiple Choice is only one example of question setup.
- Select Turn editing on in the top right-hand corner of your page.
- Select the quiz you would like to add the question to.
- Select the Edit quiz button.
- Select Add on the right-hand side, then select + a new question.
- Select Multiple choice in the types of Questions list and Select Add.
- Provide a name for your question which is only visible to you as a teacher (it is helpful to name questions with a meaningful name in terms of the content they relate to, rather than generic names such Question 1, Question 2).
- Provide the text for the question which will be seen by the students.
- Next, provide the default mark that is given when the answer is correct.
- Under the Answers section, provide the answer options.
- Allocate grade values for the various options. For example, select the correct answer to 100% and leave the other answers as None (0%).
- Finally, scroll down and select Save changes or Save changes and continue editing. The question will be saved to the quiz you are editing.