Changes to messaging
The messaging system has been updated and now includes the ability to chat with other members of any groups you are in. Teachers need to turn on the ability to allow group messaging when the group is created:
- In the paper click on Participants
- Manage Participants, Groups
- Create Group
- Change the Group Messaging option from No to Yes
New messaging interface
Teachers, and students may send and receive private messages via Moodle.
- Clicking the messaging icon opens the messaging drawer, divided into starred messages, group messages and personal messages.
- Contacts and contact requests may be accessed from the Contacts link
- A star may be added by clicking the three dots when viewing a conversation
- Clicking the cog icon displays privacy settings, notification preferences and the option to press enter to send messages instead of using the send icon .
- Messages may be deleted by clicking them, ensuring they are selected (with a visible checkmark) and then clicking the bin/trash can icon at the bottom of the messaging drawer.
- Note that messages are only deleted for that particular user, not others involved in the conversation.
Sending a message to selected course participants
A teacher can send a message to course participants as follows:
- Go to the Participants page.
- Select participants from the list or use the "Select all" button at the bottom of the list.
- Choose "Add/send message" from the "With selected users..." drop-down menu.
- Assuming you are satisfied with the message, click the "Send" button.