Study Health, Sport and Human Performance
Studying with the School of Health, Sport and Human Performance at the University of Waikato presents the opportunity to enhance your knowledge, understanding and professional skills relevant to careers in sport, education, health, recreation, fitness and leisure industries.
With an international reputation built on collaborative, innovative and integrated research alongside key organisational partnerships, Te Huataki Waiora School of Health, Sport and Human Performance reflects the dynamic, diverse, exciting and rapidly growing industry in Aotearoa New Zealand.
If you are committed to improving the physical, social and mental well-being of others, studying at Te Huataki Waiora will give you:
- Hands-on experience through placements in the industry
- Opportunities to work alongside staff who are nationally and internationally connected and benchmarked against the best in the world
- Opportunities to work alongside youth, seniors, individuals, teams, whānau, communities and organisations.
- Ways to explore new ideas, different ways of looking at issues and challenges, and the ability to identify strategies that allow you to contribute to enhancing individuals’ performance and pleasure now and in the future.
- The ability to advance your practical skills by taking papers in subjects subjects in a diverse range of disciplines