Adding a Printer
On campus we have Konica Minolta Multi Function Devices (MFDs) and various other printers (HP, Brother etc.) that staff and students can print to. These are found on the following servers: \\kmprint, \\its-printer and \\tgaprint. To connect to a printer you need to know what type of printer it is (Konica Minolta or other) and what the queue name is of the printer. The MFDs are on \\kmprint and all the others are on \\its-printer (32-bit operating system), \\its-print64 (64-bit Operating system) or \\tgaprint
See Adding a Printer - Tauranga for specific printers.
To connect to a printer from your computer you need to do the following
If you have Windows 7 Click Start (coloured circle as below)
If you have Windows 10 Click Start (or magnifying glass) and start typing
- Type in either \\kmprint, \\its-printer, \\its-print64 or \\tgaprint
- Press Enter on your keyboard
- A box with a list of printers will open on your screen. Find the printer you want to add and double click on it.
- A dialogue box for that printer will open. Close that box and close the box with the list of printers.
- Go to Start > Devices and Printers for Windows 7 or Settings > Devices for Windows 10
- Find the printer you just added > Right Click on it > Click Set as Default
If you don't want to make it your default printer (and for Follow Me printing) you can omit the last 2 steps.
If it is not your default printer you will need to choose it from the drop down list when you print your document, or release it at the Follow Me printer of your choice.
Te Kuhukuhu Rārangi - Log Your Own Request
"Kuhukuhu" is our IT Service Catalogue. You can search for, see the estimated delivery time for, and log your own service requests. You can also view the status of your current requests - providing further information by adding notes or attaching files, and view a full history of all previous requests. For anything urgent you should phone the Service Desk: ext 4008 (838 4008) for assistance.