Adding a Printer
On campus we have Konica Minolta Multi Function Devices (MFDs) and various other printers (HP, Brother etc.) that staff and students can print to. These are found on the following servers: \\kmprint, \\its-printer and \\tgaprint. To connect to a printer you need to know what type of printer it is (Konica Minolta or other) and what the queue name is of the printer. The MFDs are on \\kmprint and all the others are on \\its-printer (32-bit operating system), \\its-print64 (64-bit Operating system) or \\tgaprint
See Adding a Printer - Tauranga for specific printers.
To connect to a printer from your computer you need to do the following;
- If you have Windows 7 - Select Start (coloured circle as below)
- If you have Windows 10 - Select Start (or magnifying glass)
- Type either \\kmprint, \\its-printer, \\its-print64 or \\tgaprint
- Press Enter on your keyboard, a box with a list of printers will open on your screen
- Find the printer you want to add and double-mouse click on the printer
- A dialogue box for that printer will open
- Close that box and close the box with the list of printers
- Go to Start > Devices and Printers for Windows 7 or Settings > Devices for Windows 10
- Find the printer you just added right-mouse click the printer, select Set as Default
If you don't want to make it your default printer (and for Follow Me printing) you can omit the last 2 steps.
If it is not your default printer you will need to choose it from the drop down list when you print your document, or release it at the Follow Me printer of your choice with your ID card.
Te Kuhukuhu Rārangi - Log Your Own Request
"Kuhukuhu" is our IT Service Catalogue. You can search for and log your own service requests. You can also view the status of your current requests and see the estimated delivery time for them, provide further information by adding notes or attaching files, and view a full history of all previous requests.
For anything urgent you should phone the Service Desk: ext 4008 (838 4008) for assistance.