Adding a Printer
To connect to a printer from your Windows 10 computer you need to do the following:
- Select Start (or magnifying glass)
- For both printer options you can type: Connect to
Otherwise For the Konica Minolta MFD printers, type:
Or for the smaller brands of networked printers like HP, Brother, Canon, type:
- Press Enter on your keyboard - a box with a list of printers will open on your screen
- Find the printer you want to add, eg: staff-follow-me or student-follow-me, and double-click on the printer
- A dialogue box for that printer will open. Close that box and close the box with the list of printers
- The printer queue will now be installed and ready to use.
Setting a printer as the default
If you select a queue other than staff-follow-me and want to make that queue your default printer:
- Select the Start button and then Settings.
- Go to Devices > Printers & Scanners > Select a Printer > Manage. Then set as default.
If it is not your default printer you will need to choose it from the drop down list when you print your document.
For further assistance
For any issues with printing, please contact the Service Desk on 07 838 4008.
Te Kuhukuhu Rārangi - Log Your Own Request
"Kuhukuhu" is our IT Service Catalogue. You can search for and log your own service requests. You can also view the status of your current requests and see the estimated delivery time for them, provide further information by adding notes or attaching files, and view a full history of all previous requests.
For anything urgent you should phone the Service Desk: ext 4008 (838 4008) for assistance.