Book & Manage a Zoom Meeting
Zoom can be used in a video conference room. These are perfect for PhD oral exams and conference meetings.
Schedule a Meeting
To Schedule a Zoom meeting for a future conference in a video conference room please either use the zoom client or follow the instructions below.
Browse to the following link https://waikato.zoom.us/meeting/schedule
Sign in with your Waikato username and password if you haven't already signed in to the waikato website.
You will be prompted with various meeting options.
- Topic: Choose a topic/name for your meeting.
- When: Select a date, and time of your meeting.
- Timezone: By default, zoom will use your computers time zone setting. To change the time zone, click on the highlighted link.
- Recurring meeting: Choose this if you would like a recurring meeting (i.e. the meeting ID will be persistent for the recurring meetings).
- Video (when joining meeting): default video to on or off for host and/or participants
- Audio Options: choose whether to allow users to call in via Telephone, VOIP, or both
- Password: You can select and input a meeting PIN here. Joining participants will be required to input this PIN before joining your scheduled meeting.
- Enable join before host: Allow participants to join your meeting before you (PLEASE KEEP THIS TICKED).
- Schedule: Click here to finish scheduling
Once finished, you can either select Add To Calendar to choose the calendar system of your choice or select Copy The Invitation to send out the invitation to your Zoom meeting.
Invite to Meeting
Manage Your Meeting
You can manage all your meetings here and well as your profile settings
Non-recurring meeting ID will expire 30 days after the meeting is started. You can re-start the same meeting ID as many times as you would like, within the 30-days.
Recurring meeting ID will expire 365 days after the meeting is started after the last occurrence. You can re-use the meeting ID for future occurrences.
Recurring meeting ID does not show the actual date/time re-occurrence on Zoom since the meeting ID is valid for 365 days.
Zoom - Web & Video Conferencing
Zoom Meeting - Settings & Functions (for info on using plug-ins for your calendar or browser)
Te Kuhukuhu Rārangi - Log Your Own Request
"Kuhukuhu" is our IT Service Catalogue. You can search for and log your own service requests. You can also view the status of your current requests and see the estimated delivery time for them, provide further information by adding notes or attaching files, and view a full history of all previous requests.
For anything urgent you should phone the Service Desk: ext 4008 (838 4008) for assistance.