Gmail - Calendar
When using Gmail any permissions and access must be set in the web version (not Outlook or other mail client). This will update in Outlook when it synchronizes.
- To share your calendar go to Google Calendar and select Settings > Settings > Calendars.
- Click Edit Settings to the right of the calendar you wish to share.
- Enter the Google Email address of the person you wish the calendar with and then set the Permissions Settings.
By default your calendar is available for all University Staff to see your free/busy times. They will not see any details of the appointments you have.
- You can share your calendar with specific people and give them the level of access you would like them to have.
- Make changes AND manage sharing
- Make changes to events
- See all events
- See only free/busy (hide details)
Once you have added other calendars you will see the below Settings screen where you can make any further changes required.
Depending on the level of access given as to where you will see them in your calendar (see below).
- pink - your own calendar (under My Calendars)
- light blue - full access (under My Calendars)
- dark blue - partial acces (under Other Calendars)
- burgandy - free/busy only (under Other Calendars)
Log Your Own Ticket
The University has provided a Self Service tool through which you can log your own tickets (jobs). You can also search for a previously logged ticket to check it's status. For urgent jobs you can phone the ITS Service Desk: ext 4008 (838 4008) for support.