Configure UOW Students for Windows 10
1. Click on the Wi-Fi symbol in corner. When menu comes up after a few seconds, click on UOW Students
2. Click Connect:
3. Enter your firstname.lastname@example.org and password and click OK
4. Click Connect
5. System should show you are connected.
Details for Troubleshooting
To find out the details for troubleshooting purposes, click on Advanced options
Set as metered connection to avoid going over the 50GB limit.
If you are having connection issues you can request help by logging a job (details below).
Use the copy button to copy and paste the below details to send to the Service Desk. If you are on the phone to the Service Desk, the two details required are the ones highlighted in yellow: IPv4 address and Physical address.
Forget / Delete the connection
On the page that the password was entered, scroll down to and click the Manage Wi-Fi settings/ Manage Known Networks link:
- Scroll down to Manage known networks
- Click on UOW Students
- Click the Forget button.
Ensure that Windows 10 WiFi-Sense is Disabled
- Go to Settings
- Click on Network and Settings
- Scroll down to find Manage Wi-Fi Settings
- Click Manage Wi-Fi Settings to open the below screen
- Disable all of WiFi Sense's features (i.e. ensure 'Connect to network shared by my contacts' is set to OFF)
Te Kuhukuhu Rārangi - Log Your Own Request
"Kuhukuhu" is our IT Service Catalogue. You can search for and log your own service requests. You can also view the status of your current requests and see the estimated delivery time for them, provide further information by adding notes or attaching files, and view a full history of all previous requests.
For anything urgent you should phone the Service Desk: ext 4008 (838 4008) for assistance.