Connect to Wireless on Chromebook for Staff & Students
- Click the wireless symbol next to the clock on your Chromebook. This varies depending on model and version of the Chrome Operating System, but is usually in the bottom right, or the top right.
- Click Settings and Help. On different versions of Chromebooks this may just show as Settings
- On the settings window, click Add Connection > Add Wi-Fi
- You will now see the Join Wi-Fi network window. Click Advanced
- Set the settings as shown below. Change the SSID to the name of the network you are logging in to i.e. UoW Students, UoW Halls for students networks, eduroam for staff network or Waikato for guests and visitors.
Change Server CA certificate to be set as Do not check as the Chromebook cannot determine UoW certificates and throws an error.
If your username on its own does not work, please try using your full waikato email address firstname.lastname@example.org (staff) or email@example.com (students).
Te Kuhukuhu Rārangi - Log Your Own Request
"Kuhukuhu" is our IT Service Catalogue. You can search for and log your own service requests. You can also view the status of your current requests and see the estimated delivery time for them, provide further information by adding notes or attaching files, and view a full history of all previous requests.
For anything urgent you should phone the Service Desk: ext 4008 (838 4008) for assistance.