Druva - Back-Up / Restore a File or Folder
Access your work files anytime, anywhere with the Druva inSync which delivers secure real-time access and file sharing. You can use this on your desktop computer, laptop and mobile devices. File/folder back-ups are held for 90 days so if you delete your file by accident or want to access a file/folder from you desktop computer while off campus or overseas you can do so.
Log into Druva with the server address https://druva.waikato.ac.nz
Your consultant will need to create your account in Druva before you can log in.
Add a Folder/s You Want to be Backed-up
When Druva is first installed it is configured to back-up your Desktop & Documents folder.
NOTE: An exception to this (currently) is for staff in ITS and ITS supported faculty/departments which will be your Desktop.only. The reason for this is that for them the Documents folder has been configured to save to their H; Drive (Home) which is already backed up on another server.
To choose other folders you want to have backed up click the Add Folder button and browse to the file/folders to be backed up on that computer.
Delete a Folder You No Longer Want Backed-up
To delete a folder that you no longer want to be backed up click the spanner icon to the right of the folder (applies to all except the Admin folder) and click Delete Backup folder. The deleted backup folder will remain there for 90 days after which that backup too will be deleted.
If you delete a file or folder in error you can restore it using the below instructions.
Restoring files can be done two ways:
1. On a new computer or another device
Druvas webclient: https://druva.waikato.ac.nz
- Open Internet Browser and navigate to the web client address (linked above).
- Enter University of waikato email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password.
- Once in the web client you can easily select which file you want to download.
- Click Restore or Download if you want to restore the latest backup of the whole folder
- You will be asked if you want to open or save the folder
- If you want to restore a folder backed up on a particular day click on the name of the folder
- Browse to the date of the backup you want to restore
- When you click on the date of the file/folder you want you will be asked if you want to open or save the file/folder
2. On another computer without the client - use the web
3. On a new computer
If you want to move your backup folders to your new PC that has Druva installed
- Log into Druva on your new PC.
- Right click icon on task-bar
- Select Restore backup data.
- Select folder to restore
- Click Restore button.
If you are away from the office or overseas for more than 31 days (7 days for Science & Engineering) and you computer is not on it will not do any back-ups. You will receive an email to that effect and you can run a manual back-up by pressing the Backup icon at the top right of your Druva screen.
Druva is also available for your mobile devices, iPads & phones. By default this will only back-up your Contacts but can be configured to include other files/folders.
When you are overseas with your laptop you can do a Restore of the file/folder you want through the web client (as above). You can do a semi recover to your phone by doing a Restore eg. to grab a PDF file
Te Kuhukuhu Rārangi - Log Your Own Request
"Kuhukuhu" is our IT Service Catalogue. You can search for, see the estimated delivery time for, and log your own service requests. You can also view the status of your current requests - providing further information by adding notes or attaching files, and view a full history of all previous requests. For anything urgent you should phone the Service Desk: ext 4008 (838 4008) for assistance.